Wednesday 8 August 2012

Fifth Grade Review.

When I started fifth grade, I wondered when it would ever end. When I ended fifth grade, I couldn't believe how unbelievebly fast it had gone by. I understand now that you don't appreciate something unless you don't have it. Life isn't just the simplicity of living. Life is a train, and fifth grade was another stop. Mr.Buxton was an enthralling teacher, one of the greatest teachers in the intermediate school. He didn't just teach me history and grammar, he taught me the meaning of life. Some of my favorite lessons were reading the book called Wonder by RJ Palacio, doing the marshmallow challenge and completing the end of year challenge.
Wonder was a great book because of its life lessons and great precepts such as dont judge a book by its cover. The story is about a kid, August Paulman, who has a deformed face,and has to find a way to fit into society. When his parents say he has to go to school, he cant believe it. He hasn't gone to school since preschool, and he has to meet new people. My fifth grade year was a great year, an i hope I can have as grade a year in sixth grade. I will face this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment